FIVE WAYS TO LIVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE ON YOUR MOST HECTIC WEEK

Working full-time and taking care of a home is demanding. I know some of you can relate to this as much as I can. I work full-time and I am in charge of everything that happens on-screen and off-screen of this website Healthybymleee.com. Honestly, I can continue to add a list of things I have to do on a weekly basis, but that will take up wayyyyy too much time. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and frustrated with all the task that I have to complete.

However, I still make time to eat healthy and exercise and I will not have it any other way!

Here are the five ways to live a healthy lifestyle on your most hectic week:


App

coding

Meal Prep:

Plan your meals from Sunday, for the rest of the week. You should cook enough food for at least 5 days. Make sure you prep at least 1 vegetable, 1 protein, and what I like to call a healthy carb, a few example of healthy carbs are sweat potatoes, purple potatoes, quinoa and brown rice.

Prep fruits for the week. Wash all your fruits on Sunday, this way you can grab and go during the weekdays.

 

Workout Schedule:

Plan your schedule: What days will you walk, run, or lift weights.

A few examples:

Everyday I do 15 minutes of abs workout.

Sundays are my rest days.

Monday is cardio/run.

Tuesday abs and legs.

Wednesday 5k run.

Thursday is rest day.

Friday morning is spin class.

Saturday is yoga & 5-8 miles run, depends on my mood.

Whatever schedule works for you, stick to it for that week. Change it up weekly, so your muscles will not get use to the same workout routine.

I workout at least 3 times a week. Some weeks my schedule gets chaotic and I work out one time during the week but I still maintain a healthy diet because I prepared  my meals for the week.

Water Bottle:

Have a water bottle at work or school. Leave it in your desk or locker and refill it every morning and throughout the day. Remember to keep hydrated on the weekends while you are home or running errands.

Vitamins: If you need a boost in energy, take vitamin B12. Honestly, we can never eat all the vitamins our body needs, so make sure you are taking a multi-vitamin everyday.

 

Relaxation: Find time during the mornings before you head out to work or school and use 10 minutes of your time to mediate. Mediation can include prayer, silence, or reading a book. Whatever makes you relax just do it.

The way I relax is by going to the sauna for about 10 minutes. During that time I reflect on all the positive things in my life. Whatever you can do to get your mind from going 100 miles per hour is always helpful and will relieve any stress that your body is going through at that moment.

 

Working full-time and having a healthy lifestyle is hard and sometimes I get discourage but I know what being healthy feels like, it feels awesome! So, I will not give up and neither should you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Health Benefits of Drinking Tea

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS: MY ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS

Can Where You Live Make You Fatter?